The PAWD is structured in a way that the policy-making function of the Association is vested in the Board of Governors, whereas, the implementation function is exercised by in the Executive Council.
BOARD OF GOVERNORS
The members of the Board of Governors include the chairmen or presidents of regional water district associations, the immediate past Chairman and the incumbent President of PAWD.
The term of office of a governor is two years.
Executive Council of Officers
The Executive Council, on the other hand, is composed of the President, an Executive Vice President (elected at large by the general managers of all member-water districts), a Vice-President each for Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, a Secretary, a Treasurer, an Auditor, a Government Relations Officer, a Public Relations Officer, and Sgt.-at-Arms for Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao and the Immediate Past President. The chairmen or presidents of the three major island groupings (Luzon Association of Water Districts, Visayas Association of Water Districts and the Mindanao Association of Water Districts), and the Regional Association Presidents are also members of the Executive Council.
All members of the Executive Council hold office for two years.
The PAWD is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Registration No. 119775) as a non-stock, non-profit organization.
Water Districts Profile
- Status : Government-owned and -controlled corporations
- Legal Mandate : Formed under Presidential Decree No. 198, as amended on a local option basis”
- Policy-Making : Vested on a five-man Board appointed by a local authority (either the mayor or the governor)
- Management : A general manager heads the operation of the water district
- Type of Operation : Level III water supply
- Funding: No government fund or subsidy. Funds are sourced from internally-generated funds and loans from LWUA and other financial institutions.
Total of Water District Membership: 831
Operational Water Districts: 526